I Paint Your Dog


This blog is dedicated to my paintings of dogs, and perhaps the occasional feline. Most are done in either watercolor or acrylic, and range in size from pretty small to fairly large. I generally work from photographs, and have painted animals on several continents, thanks to the convenience of the internet. If you are interested in commissioning a portrait, please contact me.

Enjoy your tour of my virtual gallery.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dog Icons

Troy
A reader contacted me to ask if I am still doing icons of animals.  The answer is yes, and I have posted a few examples.  As many of you know, my early training is in Byzantine iconography, so there is a underpinning and flavor to these paintings that is rooted in ancient tradition.  Obviously, I have taken some liberties in terms of subject matter, but it comes from my belief that our canine companions have some very saintly qualities, as any dog owner knows.  And there is no denying that that reflect a bit of divine glory.  These are both done in acrylic, another departure from the traditional approach. 
Cricket    

No comments:

Post a Comment