I Paint Your Dog


This blog is dedicated to my paintings of dogs, and perhaps the occasional feline. Most are done in either watercolor or acrylic, and range in size from pretty small to fairly large. I generally work from photographs, and have painted animals on several continents, thanks to the convenience of the internet. If you are interested in commissioning a portrait, please contact me.

Enjoy your tour of my virtual gallery.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From Terri

Terri, who owns Slim Shady (see below), works full time as a jail nurse and also breeds these wonderful dogs.  She has no time for much computer work, and asked me to post this comment on her behalf:

Dear Kathrin,
My watercolor of Slim Shady arrived a few days ago.  I haven't called you yet, because I haven't been able to tear myself away from it!
The eyes!  You have his expression spot-on.  Not the faux arrogant look some assign to basenji art. 
I think of Slim as the George Clooney of dogs---handsome, masculine, but with a sweetness all his own . . .

To which I say, thanks, Terri.  It was a joy to paint such a beautiful dog.  He really does have movie star quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment